Packing Tips

Insurance – Are you covered? There are always inherent risks involved with transporting goods interstate, and whilst the utmost care is always taken by our staff to ensure there is no breakages, we do recommend that you look into your insurance options before you move.

All of our trucks are covered for Transit insurance, which covers against Fire, Flood, Theft and Collision/Overturning of the vehicle. This includes cover on the contents only if any of the above situations occur. Unfortunately as we are not licensed insurance brokers we are unable to offer All Risk Insurance cover which is what covers your goods individually against accidental breakage.

Whilst our drivers take all due care with the items that are presented for loading, duty of care does begin with the client with the manner in which they have packed and prepared their items for transport. It is important to remember that the trucks travel thousands of kilometers on each scheduled run, and Australia’s roads & highways are continually being upgraded and repaired due to the poor state of the roads. With every road/highway each truck travels, the truck drives over pot holes, uneven ground and rough surfaces which send a vibration through the trailer. This needs to be kept in mind while packing your goods for transit interstate.

All Risk Insurance may be supplied by your Home & Contents insurer however you will need to contact your insurer to confirm whether you have the further insurance or if they are able to supply you with this form of cover.

 Alternatively, we recommend ‘Carts Removals & Storage Insurance’. Carts provide online quotes or you can obtain a quote on 1300 880 253.

It is recommended that you cover your goods with All Risk Insurance for the peace of mind of knowing you have full coverage if the unfortunate were to happen. For handy hints on packing and preparing your goods, please see our ‘Packing Tips’ which are conveniently located towards the bottom of each page of our website.